Extractor Fan not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have a maico extractor fan in the en suite of an apartment. The fan works, but does not prevent the build-up of mould on the bathroom ceiling. When I checked the filter, it was totally clogged with dust, so I removed the filter and cleaned the mould to see if the build up of mould would return - it did....Since I did not replace the filter, could the extractor have gotten clogged? Or could the pipe be blocked? If so, is the only way to remove the fan and hoover it and try to clean out the pipe? I assume there is no point putting in a new clean filter until I have found the root cause of the problem.

Thanks all!
K

Sponsored Links
Once mould has established the only way to remove it is by killing it off with a fungicidle wash. If the fan will hold a sheet of paper or card to it's intake when running, then you probably have no obstruction to the airflow.Also you need to ensure that the air will vent into the room aswell as out of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back