Extractor fan question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to put an Extractor fan through the wall above the shower cubicle.

What IP Rating does it need to be - as it will be directly above the shower cubicle and could possibly get splashed.

My Electrician will be coming to fit it - but I said I'd get all the bits and I can't get hold of him.

I've seen some nice IP44 Rated Low Voltage ones, but then I've seen Extra Low Voltage ones but they haven't got an IP number - I've also seen some that are IPX5 rated???

Getting far too confused!!

Sponsored Links
IPx4 atleast, IPx5 if hosing down likely.

What height above the shower tray? Depending on this height will dictate if you need to have a SELV one, or an RCD protected mains one.

thanks for the reply. the centre of the hole is exactly 7foot above the bit you stand on in the shower tray

Sponsored Links
Got hold of him this morning and he said to be safe he would only fit an IPX7 and I can't find one of those! So he's getting me one for about £60

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back