Extractor fan switching

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,
A little advice please! I have fitted an extractor fan in my kitchen, all is ok except the switch, I am trying to fit a single pole illuminated switch to indicate when the fan is running, whilst I can switch the fan on and off, no problem, I cannot get the light to turn on in the switch. It is a single pole switch with three terminals, I have live in to no1 terminal and feed to the fan from terminal no2, the third terminal is for the internal light but I know not how to connect it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks - Muffty

Sponsored Links
For the light (neon indicator?) to illuminate when the fan is switched on you will need a neutral at the switch as well as the live & switched live.

The connections depend on exactly what the switch manufacturer had in mind when they designed it. If it is a 2-way switch, connecting neutral to the third terminal may result in a loud BANG and darkness when you operate the switch.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back