Extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this should be in here or in Electrical.

I need a extractor fan fitting in my bathroom, save getting one where you have to extract outside is there any internal one what are easier to install ?

I cannot find any but thinking there might as my cooker hood extractor has a internal filter so maybe same scenario.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
An internal (recirculating) cooker hood has a filter to remove grease. It doesn't remove moisture.

In the bathroom you want to remove moisture so a recirculating fan would be no use whatsoever; you must extract the moist air to the outside.

You need to decide what you want to achieve!

Most want to remove steamy air to reduce condensation. That extracts to the outside!

Tony

Yes its to prevent condensation as I have a steam enclosure in the bathroom.
I have to get one installed on outside wall then.

Sponsored Links
Yes, ideally through the ceiling as heat / steam rises. Buy a decent one with a strong inline fan, not a fan built into the grille

Yes, ideally through the ceiling as heat / steam rises. Buy a decent one with a strong inline fan, not a fan built into the grille

If I go through ceiling into loft what do I need to extract out the loft. A vent tile or something ?

If you extract to a loft, expect condensation and rotting wood!

It needs to be ducted all the way to the outside!

Tony

If you extract to a loft, expect condensation and rotting wood!

It needs to be ducted all the way to the outside!

Tony
If I wanted to go through the loft is there any rook vent tiles that you can attach the duct to so it is getting ducted via roof but outside

There are ridge tiles designed for boilers.

Or you can use a "lead slate" adapter which allows an 110 mm flue to pass through watertight. They should be fitted from the outside.

They might be other types of tiles for ventilators that I dont know about!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back