Extractor Hood ducting - rigid or felxi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys,

Im looking to put my extractor hood up which will internal recirculation rather thank external extracting. The question I have is - would it be advisable to have 150mm rigid ducting or would you still use the flexi stuff and if anyones got any links that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
For recirculation, the extractor exhaust usually comes straight out of the top after passing through a carbon filter....are you intending to redirect it elsewhere?
Either way, smooth ducting will always be better but flexy more convenient. In this case, I don't think it matters unless its on view.
John :)

Thanks, the ones we've got goes through the filter and then has an attachment on it where by you add a duct and it pushes the air out of the top. Infact its this one:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/213500 As you can see there are some vent holes at the top.

Sponsored Links
I see - this unit appears to need some internal ducting to connect with the grille at the top?
Flexy stuff will be fine and probably easier to fit due to its telescopic properties.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back