Extractor hood lights

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Hi
The lights on my extractor hood have stopped working. The halogen bulbs are fine as they flickered on a couple of times.
I have taken out the switch unit but now am stuck what to look for.
Maybe the small fuse.
The screwdriver is resting on the light switch button and the fan works fine

IM hoping someone can help to save me either breaking it or having to buy a whole new extractor fan. : )
Pictures are the black lead going to the light unit which all seems to be in place so appears to be a switch problem.
Thanks

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 202
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 198
Sponsored Links
The switch assemblies on these sometimes go faulty. If you know the make and model you could ask the manufacturer.

Throw away your neon screwdriver and invest in a multimeter.

Or could be repaired by someone who can solder & has an understanding of electronics. I would think the cause could be traced to one of the 3 semi-conductor components being faulty. Or the switch itself of course, but you can test that yourself when you get your multimeter.

Sponsored Links
Assuming you have a wall switch in a convenient position, you might wire the lights to the incoming supply block inside the hood so they are permanently on. Or add a panel switch.

Thank you for the advice.
I found the manufacturer and serial number inside the hood so have asked them for advice. Rewiring to a panel switch may be a good solution.
Thanks both for sound advice
Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back