Extreme macro photography

The club sounds a bit bonkers on that. It also means a beginner doesn't stand a chance doiing well with a DPI because you are stuck in their class. Ours isn't like that. We do have a situation where a good "beginner" can decide not to be elevated, because the competition is stronger. Also bonkers.
It's not all about competitions, though.

Stange phenomenon these clubs now, nearly always lots of old fogeys like me & older, and some very odd characters who are in them for personality reasons. Luckily there's about three I could get to, though only one I can walk to. We have one odious character currently putting so much energy into "being important" that I may decide to swap. She's our antisocial secretary:rolleyes:.

Sponsored Links
We are lucky some good guys running it. But questions were asked in the AGM so once voted on not much anyone can do until next AGM.

Wanted 3 pictures for competitions either DPI or Prints so people could decide 3 prints, 3 DPI's or mixture but this was rejected and competition split 3 for DPI's and 3 for prints so anyone only entering one group will never get up the rating unless some one in committee decides to make an exception. If some one was always winning then they would be moved up but 17 points is not enough to draw notice to ones self one needs 18, 19 or 20 (First Second or Third) to be noticed. With 4 competitions a year times one not being split into the three levels that means unless you get 2 first, second or first out of 9 entered (assuming a beginner will not win against the advanced and intermediate) in any one year it is unlikely one will be moved.

There is it would seem also no allowance for people who have simply one good year, or age means they are no longer as good. No one has ever been demoted.

Sponsored Links
Back