exxcel 1400 wahing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can't open the access to the pump and filter compartment. The circular nob only turns slightly but then doesn't budge. Any suggestions please.

Sponsored Links
There will be something lying across the filter (money? lollipop stick,cotton wool bud etc) so it is effectively jammed.

You will need to remove the pump.

Its pretty straightforward.

Remove lower kick plate -one screw near the front next to the filter and the
panel slides to the left and pulls away.

There is one screw at the top (torx btw) just above the filter and the pump lips in to the metal plate.

Tilt the machine say 45 degrees back against the worktop and you will be able to access from underneath.

You need to then ( eg with vice grips ) remove both the inlet and outlet hoses and remove the pump and housing from the machine.

Some of the Bosch have an extra drain hose at the front which you may want to use to drain the water from the system prior to the above -otherwise sponges and towels handy.

If you get this far then you will probably be able to the fish whatever it out of the filter that is preventing its release.

If its a load of money then I can send you my address :)

Happy Xmas!

Thanks cjapeterborough. It seems a little drastic at this time of year but I will give it a go after the festive season and let you know the out come.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back