Eye For An Eye

Every one is happy to comment on Iranian law but lets be honest here , your only source of research is a f'ing british newspaper, not the most reliable source of information

Plenty on the internet about Iranian Law, and not from "f'ing British newspapers" either.

"Qesas (eye for an eye)
One secular critic has described the Qesas (Qisas) Law of the Islamic Republic as discriminating against women, non-Muslims, and the poor; as reviving horrific physical punishments; and assuming parts of the human body can be converted into money.

Qesas punishments "threatens to create an army of handicapped victims. And it 'paves the way for judicial torture' by permitting the use of confessions."
However, such complaints about qesas laws has failed to materialize. In practice, qesas is more fair to the victim's family than standard Western courts in punishing murderers, in that it gives the victim's family say in what punishment the murderer will get, rather than Western courts which the sentence is up to the state.

Sponsored Links
or to look at it another way.

Its still no F`kin good is it. Because laws are still broken.

Shall we quote another law they have " You can beat your wife lightly"

Wanna play about with that one?

I doubt Iranian lawyers turn to wikipedia for their information during a case calling for qisas.

Sponsored Links
It was Iran who brought about the Family Protection Act which when introduced was way ahead of its time, women in the UK were still tethered to a kitchen sink.
The law then changed in the 70's when shira law was reintroduced however most Iranians still favour the family protection act over shira law.

If you wish to talk about woman beating did you know in scotland twice as many women get beaten up after a Rangers-Celtic game – the so-called "Old Firm" match – than would have been beaten up had the game not taken place? Footy anyone?

Even our law permits violence against women , or certainly wont do anything to help some abused women,
http://realcedar.co.uk/trapped.html

Here is some UK statistics for you to digest.

* 45% of women have experienced some form of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking.
* At least 32% of children, mostly girls, experience some form of child sexual abuse
* At least 80,000 women suffer rape every year.
* In a survey for Amnesty International, over 1 in 4 respondents thought a women was partially or totally responsible for being raped if she was wearing sexy or revealing clothing, and more than 1 in 5 held the same view if a woman had had many sexual partners.
* On average, two women a week in England and Wales are killed by a violent partner or ex-partner. This constitutes nearly 40% of all female homicide victims.
* 70% of incidents of domestic violence result in injury, (compared with 50% of incidents of acquaintance violence, 48% of stranger violence and 29% of mugging).
* Around 85% of forced marriage victims are women.
* Domestic violence is estimated to cost victims, services and the state a total of around £23 billion a year.

Source , www.whiteribboncampaign.co.uk

Of course they dont try to show a foreign country to be barbaric, so you might not find them of any interest.

For those who don't realise it, My quote "One lightly beaten wife coming up." was strictly in jest. Gordon Bennett, some of you have no sense of humour.
I'd have thought the smiley faces and winks would have given that one away. ;) ;) ;)

I doubt Iranian lawyers turn to wikipedia for their information during a case calling for qisas.
I'd have also thought the last place they'd turn were "f'ing British newspapers", but that's where you seem to think most of us get our info from. ;) ;)

For those who don't realise it, My quote "One lightly beaten wife coming up." was strictly in jest. Gordon Bennett, some of you have no sense of humour.
I'd have thought the smiley faces and winks would have given that one away. ;) ;) ;)

Choices, some would deliberately choose not to see that you were joking

Sorry my bad , I thought you were going to post up pictures of a slightly beaten wife for us. :LOL:
''And here is one I prepared earlier''

Choices, some would deliberately choose not to see that you were joking

And some would deliberately assume that someone else didnt see the obvious just so they could have a grump. some that is , not all.

:LOL:

Sorry my bad , I thought you were going to post up pictures of a slightly beaten wife for us. :LOL:
''And here is one I prepared earlier''

I would have done, but then realised, beating her with the camera, wasn't exactly the right way to go about it. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Humour :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Get it???

Sponsored Links
Back