Eye For An Eye

imamartain so you agree our system is not fit for propose
if so we can hardly have a go at another system

Sponsored Links
imamartain so you agree our system is not fit for propose
if so we can hardly have a go at another system

with respect, it's a free country i can have a go at whichever system i like can't i?

but your opening statent says we favour the crim over the victim? of course we don't.... it's the perceived easy way in which the crim is dealt with..... and it's become more easy in the last generation because of the burden of proving conclusive proof of guilt... and the risk of getting the 'wrong man'.

And what if you do slosh acid on someone and it turns out they didn't do it?

Then you the slosher , the arresting police , the judge and jury, the prosecutor , all the witnesses and everybody else involved should have acid sloshed in their eyes.
Only fair like.

well they crimnal gets free education better fed than some people and still access to drugs

Sponsored Links
If someone is freed from prison for a wrongful conviction, then compensate them by all means, but then take away the £24,000 per year it has cost to keep them there. All in the interests of fairness. ;) ;)

If someone is freed from prison for a wrongful conviction, then compensate them by all means, but then take away the £24,000 per year it has cost to keep them there. All in the interests of fairness. ;) ;)

no, don't be daft... take that off the CPS or the lawyer/barrister which defended so badly!! or the one that prosecuted too well?

:LOL: Absolutely , plus any expenses. Then make them work off what they are left owing.

Lets get back back to an 'eye for an eye'....FFS.

Compo....thats all we hear about.

I believe this subject was about the perception of the phrase 'eye for an eye'

It's always argued about what if the man was innocent..........B*llocks ...that wasn't the question.
Lets talk principles.

If you suffer an accident/industrial disease etc at work and lets say your off work for a few years claiming benefits etc. Some years later, you get compensation from your employer. DWP will demand every penny of benefits you have received from them due to the accident/industrial disease etc back. Even if this leaves you with nothing at all. ;) ;)

Lets get back back to an 'eye for an eye'....FFS.

Compo....thats all we hear about.

I believe this subject was about the perception of the phrase 'eye for an eye'

It's always argued about what if the man was innocent..........B*llocks ...that wasn't the question.
Lets talk principles.

calm down dear... it's only a forum ;)

possible innocence might not have been the question, but it is the answer.... an eye for an eye is not valid without 100% proof of guilt....

even a signed confession is not 100% proof...

put yourself in the position of the (wrongly) accused !!

calm down dear... it's only a forum .
B*llocks.
I've read enough nonsense on this forum to last me a lifetime....:LOL: :LOL:

Possible innocence might not have been the question, but it is the answer.... an eye for an eye is not valid without 100% proof of guilt....
even a signed confession is not 100% proof...
F*ck all to do with it.
Lets talk principles.... are you saying that a man caught red handed throwing acid into your wife or daughters face (for example) you wouldn't want justice and proper retribution to be sought.....?????
I give up. :rolleyes:

calm down dear... it's only a forum .
B*llocks.
no seriously, calm down, you're coming across like a yob! it is only a forum!

Lets talk principles.... are you saying that a man caught red handed throwing acid into your wife or daughters face (for example) you wouldn't want justice and proper retribution to be sought.....?????
I give up. :rolleyes:

of course i agree with that principle, but you're talking a tiny fraction of cases where someone is caught "red handed". So you can't form a law on that premise !

So you can't form a law on that premise !

Well the Iranians do and a host of other countries and quite frankly I'm glad they have that freedom to do so.

Is it any wonder countries like these hate the west when they are being constantly preached too.
As if "our way" is somehow better.

So you can't form a law on that premise !

Well the Iranians do and a host of other countries and quite frankly I'm glad they have that freedom to do so.

Is it any wonder countries like these hate the west when they are being constantly preached too.
As if "our way" is somehow better.

but are their citizens afforded the same rights as ours? ?

Sponsored Links
Back