F&E Tank Overflowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My F&E tank is overflowing into the back garden. I have a simple gas back boiler setup, running 5 radiators, nothing special.

I've been up in the loft and took a good bucket and a half out of the F&E tank, but it fills back up in about 24hrs. Whilst the water level was low, the valve wasn't leaking so I guess I can count that out as a problem.

I've had a local corgi chap come round, who reckoned it was the coil in the hot water tank (which sounds fair enough to me - I know nothing).

He's given me a quote of £500 to replace it (this includes the tank and fitting in an immersion heater element that the current tank doesn't have).

What I'm after is -

Is this a fair price?
and
Can I check anything before getting it replaced?

Cheers,

Anthony

Sponsored Links
Oh righty. Read the message for the central heating forum, but not the general rules, sorry. :oops:

Scrap the price question then, but any advice on the problem would be handy. :)

Anthony

Sponsored Links
sounds like a fair price to me.

If you drain your central heating system and this results in the water level of your cold water storage cistern (big black plastic tank in loft) falling then the coil in the hot water cylinder has "gone".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back