F22 - Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831

The pressure vessel will have lost its charge. (They always do) with no pocket of air in the system, it'll only take a tiny amount of water to leak to drop .5bar.
The vessel will need recharging to .75 bar. (While the boiler is empty & drain offs open) the pressure sensor will need cleaning & you're also well overdue for the burner seal to be changed. Oh, & the pressure relief valve will need cleaning.
Hope this helps. It'll take an engineer about an hour all in all.

Thanks. I like that diagnosis. So paying £300+ sounds like it would be more than I need to pay.

How much should I be paying to have this done and can you recommend a good not too expensive gas safe engineer for me? I'm in London too, north London.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'm from East Finchley originally, Barnet now. small world!

If all straight forward, (all common issues with Vaillants) including the burner seal it would be £90/£100. Including checking the air/gas ratio's & condence trap. I'm in Covent Garden for an early appointment tomorrow but could have a quick look on the way home (late morning) if convenient?

If all straight forward, (all common issues with Vaillants) including the burner seal it would be £90/£100. Including checking the air/gas ratio's & condence trap. I'm in Covent Garden for an early appointment tomorrow but could have a quick look on the way home (late morning) if convenient?

That would be great, yeah. I'll pm you my details.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back