Vaillant EcoTech Plus 624 f22 fault rectification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I have an f22 fault on a Vaillant EcoTech plus 624 combi boiler. I have checked out the posts on this fault and think I have isolated to the problem to de-pressururisation due to the wing nut connections on the filling loop loated on the Unistor tank getting knocked loose and leaking. The pressure dial on the front of the boiler looks like it is at zero. The digital read-out is saying 0.4 bar.

I see that the solution is to re-pressure the system and bleed it using the P0 function. Can anyone tell me how to re-pressurise the system. This info is surprising absent from any documentation and I can't see it on any posts.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
open the valve(s) on the filling loop to pressurise until the boiler guage lifts. Then press the "-" button to get a reading. Carefully fill a bit a time until you get 1 bar. done.

It is the user's responsibility to check the system pressure regularly !

That should have been explained to you by the installer when he handed the boiler over to you after installation.

I usually recommend a system pressure of 1.5 Bar cold.
Sometimes allowing the pressure to fall to zero will damage the sensors which seem to have to be replaced in pairs to prevent or reduce false error messages.

Tony

Thanks for you help everyone. The problem is fixed. Hot water is flowing again.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
It is the user's responsibility to check the system pressure regularly !

That should have been explained to you by the installer when he handed the boiler over to you after installation.

I usually recommend a system pressure of 1.5 Bar cold.
Sometimes allowing the pressure to fall to zero will damage the sensors which seem to have to be replaced in pairs to prevent or reduce false error messages.

Tony

all pressurised systems should be filled to 1 bar + 0.1 bar for every metre a rad is above the boiler :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back