Fa Kin Ka

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why bother fixing a 03 Ka ? Simply because it's 60k miles 1 owner who I know well and was never used in winter because they're in the USA for 6 months. So I bought it for my D. i .Law and after a year of good use it overheated and lost water. I made a start on stripping stuff off to get @ the plugs and do a comp. test. Found the thermostat stuck - replaced it and tried again - overheated and didn't appear to be circulating. So I put a new water pump in ( had previously tried all sorts bleeding air out ) The old pump squeaked when turned but hadn't broken as such. Now it's filled up OK - air bled itself out and it appears OK. I can't figure it out though, but I know it's a horrible little thing to work on. What do you guys think about the overheating, it's now fine!

Sponsored Links
Got to have been air locked I guess - assuming the pump impeller is still there!
Fords are usually good at self bleeding (so long as the heater is on hot) but it can help to raise the expansion bottle as high as possible.
John :)

Well the impeller was there, but maybe the squeek on the old one was a sign of age ? I had tried the heater and also the expansion bottle trick the first time there was nothing coming out the small pipe to the bottle, whatever I did. Went to it this morning and had it running while I hoovered it - all fine. Well at least I know the pump is good for a few years now. Thing is it is nowhere near a water supply, but if it was here @ home I may well have rigged it up to a mains hosepipe and blasted the blasted thing.

Sponsored Links
My golf used to boil over because the seal on the coolant bottle was dodgy. The pressure pushed the water out.

Back