Facebook

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , Can you tell me how if its possible to take extracts / pages from facebook and store them on my laptop to be possibly printed off at a later date . I am not very pc literate so nice easy steps would be appreciated .
Someone said that you could put the in notebook or word but i wouldnt have a clue and i cant afford to get someone round . thanks in advance
Mark

Sponsored Links
I am assuming you wish to save the TEXT in a facebook account and not the actual page. If you want to save the page let us know.

To save text....

Open up WORD (or Notes if you don't have WORD).

Log onto your Facebook account.

Now go to the wording you want to copy in Facebook.

Using your mouse and the LEFT mouse button, click at the beginning of a section of text you wish to copy (keeping the LEFT mouse button clicked down), drag the mouse/cursor over the text until all of the text you want to copy is highlighted (it will probably be highlighted in blue). Once the text is highlighted, leave go of the LEFT mouse button. The text will still be highlighted (unless you click the mouse again). Now using your RIGHT mouse button, click anywhere on the highlighted area of text. A menu will pop up and there should be an option in that menu to 'Copy'. Leave go of the RIGHT mouse button and now using the LEFT mouse button, click on 'Copy'. Nothing will happen on screen. The Highlighted area will probably still be highlighted.

Now go back to the WORD Document (or Notes), you opened earlier.

Using your RIGHT mouse button again, click anywhere on the white area of the document. Leave go of the RIGHT mouse button. A menu will pop up again. This time (using the LEFT mouse button), you want to click on 'Paste' from the list of options on the pop up menu.

The text that you just 'Copied' in Facebook will now be 'Pasted' into the Word Document.

You can use the same process over and over again using the same word document and/or different documents.

I assume you know how to save the document. If not let us know and we'll go through that with you.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you need any more help or further explanation. Please report back to let us know how you get on.

Thanks ever so much Blasphemous i understand , if you didnt mind could you tell me how to do the word document bit :LOL:
PS does this work with pictures as well..

Thanks ever so much Blasphemous i understand , if you didnt mind could you tell me how to do the word document bit :LOL:
PS does this work with pictures as well..
You're welcome.

Yes it works with most images (unless they're protected). You RIGHT click on the image and select 'Copy Image' from the menu then RIGHT click on the word document and again select 'Paste'.

As for the 'Word Document' bit, do you mean how to save it?

Sponsored Links
It really depends on what version of Word you're using but if you can see the following options at the top of the screen (when you have opened up Word),

Then using the LEFT mouse button, you need to click on 'File'.
Then click 'Save As...'
This will present you with the 'Save As' pop-up box something like this:

I've masked some of my folders names for reasons of privacy but you can see some, you will have your own. You could create a new folder in that pop-up box by RIGHT clicking in the box and LEFT clicking New then select Folder. Type a name for the folder and press the ENTER button on your keyboard. You can use the same process to create more folders and/or folders within folders.

Now either double click using the LEFT mouse button on the new folder you've just created or any other folder you wish to save into. This opens up the folder.

Now in the 'Save As' pop-up box, at the bottom of that pop-up you will see: File Name and Save as Type. Forget about Save as Type (that's for another time). LEFT click in the File Name box and and now type a name for your document in that box. You can call it anything you want. Once you've typed in the name, just LEFT click the Save button. The Word document you just created is now saved in that folder.

Now you can just close the pop-up box by LEFT clicking on the X button in the top right hand corner.

Hope that makes sense.

Let us know how you get on.

Firstly many thanks for takeing the time to put that together for me it will hopefully be of great help , one little thing which may sound daft ..
when you open word or whatever do you just logon to facebook over this or do you minimise it , i just cant get my head round working on the two together if you see what i mean .
I will certainly give feedback on how i get on , cheers mark

Just open them both Mark.

So if you go to facebook first then with that on the screen, click on START (bottom left side of your screen) or if you've got Windows Vista or Windows 7 the START button looks like this:
vistastart.jpg

Then open up Word from there.

You will now have WORD open up on top of Facebook. To work between the two, look at the bottom of your screen. On the taskbar (that's the bar across the bottom of your screen), you will see there are icons for every program you have open. It will look similar to this:

So if you have something like Facebook and Word open you will see two icons (one for each program). To switch between the two programs you simply click (LEFT mouse button), on the icon you want to work on.

So, lets assume you've opened Facebook first and then you opened Word. Word is now open on top of Facebook. To go to Facebook you simply click on its icon on the taskbar (at the bottom of the screen), and the screen will switch to Facebook. Now you highlight and copy the text you want. Now click on the icon for Word (on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen). The screen will now switch to Word. You can now Paste your text into a Word Document. To switch back to Facebook simply click the icon on the taskbar (at the bottom of the screen), and the screen switches to Facebook. Again you can switch back and forth between the two programs as many times as you like copying and pasting text.

Hope that makes sense.

Simple when you know how as they say , i will let you know how i get on
especially if i do it correctly ;)

Simple when you know how as they say , i will let you know how i get on
especially if i do it correctly ;)
As you say, as they all say, simple when you know how.

And it seemed so simple until I started putting all those posts together! :confused:

Oh well, it's a good job I'm a one fingered (on each hand), typer.... it means I have eight others to wear out!

Hi , Can you tell me how if its possible to take extracts / pages from facebook and store them on my laptop to be possibly printed off at a later date . I am not very pc literate so nice easy steps would be appreciated .
Someone said that you could put the in notebook or word but i wouldnt have a clue and i cant afford to get someone round . thanks in advance
Mark

See that key on the computer that you never used? Pnt Scn/Sys Request?

Press Shift, and Print Request/Sys request, and then paste into Paint the image it captured..job done, edit at will..

See that key on the computer that you never used? Pnt Scn/Sys Request?

Press Shift, and Print Request/Sys request, and then paste into Paint the image it captured..job done, edit at will..
That will not allow him to alter/change/add to/ delete etc etc any of the text. It will produce an 'image'. Yes that image can be edited but unless he's got an OCR package (and knows how to use it), he won't be able to do anything with the text. And why does he need to press 'Shift' and 'Print Screen' to capture the screen image? Just press 'Print Screen' (The 'Print Screen' button is on the top right hand corner of your keyboard howy1). Holding down 'Alt' and pressing 'Print Screen' however, will capture just the active window.

Why would the OP want to save something off Facebook and edit it later?
Possibly the OP wants to read something later, but edit it?? Surely not.

Why would the OP want to save something off Facebook and edit it later?
Possibly the OP wants to read something later, but edit it?? Surely not.
howy1 asked for help and seems happy with the replies.

Why does it matter 'what' he wants to do with the information from facebook? He 'may' want to copy some info and reuse/edit it for his own purposes. Perhaps he's saving sections of text but not all of the text. Perhaps he's a serial plagiarist!

Unless someone is coming on here asking for help in committing a crime, then we mostly try and help where and when we can.

Sponsored Links
Back