facia glue (for trim)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya, one of my joining bits has a crack in it and i want it replaceing but the company that did it said that it might not be easy as they possibly glued it

there coming out as i am having some more work carried out by them and there going to take a look

ive read that people use super glue or silicon - obviously with silicone its not a problem

anyone know how to get it off so it can be replaced?

thanks in advance.

Paul

Sponsored Links
Use a spatula or a margin trowel to prise it away. Sometimes the "glue" wiil pull away some of the fascia.
Getting a fresh piece in can be a task.

Silicone or custom sealants will do the job.

FWIW: Tie your ladder in, and be cautious of struggling at fascia height.

Note: Why has it "cracked"? Expansion can "crack PVC fascias and soffits.

thanks for your reply hope they can replace it as its annoying and not that old (3 yrs)

i dont know why it has cracked i was using a wash brush (and being very carefull) and i noticed it thought it was a cob web at first?

very random/

thanks

You shouldn't glue the fascia joiners. Only one side should be glued/fixed to allow the fascia to expand into it but no one bothers (erm including us, lol)

It's better to pin the corners rather than glue, during expansion the foam core kind of moves around the pins and the joiner never breaks.

Sponsored Links
Mw,

Thanks for that. As soon as i read it, i remembered once reading exactly that in some installation instructions, and i immediately forgot all about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back