Facial Fandango

S

SammyInnit

So I'm sure some of you may have come across the drive to move away from disposable dust masks and onward to the use of Face-Fit half masks - most common brand I've found being the JSP Force 8 given out on most sites.

While the press to check filters are great and the masks are pretty great (face fit provided); they're an issue for anyone with facial hair. So I had to bite the bullet and after almost two years, off came my beard.

The issue I'm having now however is a clash between the mask and my Bolle goggles. The goggles don't sit well on the face due to the bridge of the nose of the mask being quite proud of the face. I'm wondering if anyone has found a decent set of goggles that work well with this particular mask?

I have to wear a FFP3 Face Fit Mask, Goggles, Hard Hat and 37db ear defenders to use a hammer drill would you believe.

My thought would have been to replace the two with a full face JSP Force 10 mask which has an impact rated visor but at a price of around £90, I'm not paying for it and I can't see the firm I'm contracting to wanting to pay for it either. I've just shelled out £120 for prescription safety glasses. I think I've been too much take from them currently.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I used to have facial fuzz (30+ years) but I also wear specs, meaning that stuff like Bolles, etc are out. I took a slightly different approach:

My prescription glasses have plastic lenses. I have clip-on side shields for use when required

I went over to using a Centurion Vision hard hat - it's the only hard hat I've ever found which has a flip-down impact resistant visor which actually works over prescription glasses (without pressing the nose piece into the bridge of my nose). The visor is flipped-down when needed

I had a pair of insert type ear plugs made - these are moulded to fit and worn permanently in the ears at work and cause me fewer problems than using ear defenders over spectacles. They take a bit of getting used to, though

I now use a Force 8 mask with P3 filters. This mask does work with stubble as well as clean shave I've found and is comfortable in extended use in warm weather (like last week)

So after discussion with the firm I'm contracted to and after looking at h principal contractors requirements and what the HOSE advise it's looking more likely time to buy a new hammer drill with a powered HEPA filter.

It's along with the current situation, using gripple wires with 6mm knock in eyes. It's far too much grief going forward to continue with masks I think.

Looking at the Makita 18v with attachment.

Attachments

• 1bbf46bdbd064358298a76c31120d883.jpg
    1bbf46bdbd064358298a76c31120d883.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 72
Hammer drill and extra came yesterday. Not a spec of dust passes when drilling overhead. Get a little bit left in openings formed that appears with vibration but time is the mess piled up the skirting or all down your face.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWaeT8og8mM/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back