Facial Recognition

Lol, the rozzers are now going to summarily execute, suspects of crime, because of FR tech?

They will go through the same processes as pulling a suspect car over or any other processes involved with suspects, that they used prior to FR. Do some numpties actually believe that because a rozzer has FR tech he will now shoot on sight?

FFS:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If you're not scared of facial recognition technology then you are a part of the problem.

Why do you think they are investing $billions in the AI & utilising sneaky/underhand methods to build the database?

Why do you think that so many of those who understand the implications are fighting it so hard???

It's called 'association'...

The same happens with ANPR...

Tough luck if you happen to be driving in close proximity to a known target!

The main problem with a flawed technology is that it throws up so many false positives that it means plod is dealing with an ever increasing size of haystack when looking for that needle!
Hmm ANPR Is becoming highly accurate i think you'll find.
Also the biometric algorithm combined with AI for facial recognition has also come a long way with the ability to recognise with or without facial hair using other methods with the advent of high def cameras iris and other hardware which gives other 'physical' parameters also. Don't underestimate this stuff.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
They will go through the same processes as pulling a suspect car over or any other processes involved with suspects, that they used prior to FR. Do some numpties actually believe that because a rozzer has FR tech he will now shoot on sight?

FFS:rolleyes:

You have too much faith.
The more you take away the need for someone to actually think, the more likely they are to oblige you.

Over my years at work, I'm getting to the point where I expect someone to die for want of exhaling, because there wasn't a working instruction on the need to breathe out periodically.....

I'm amazed how it works. The first I knew of it was a few years ago now where in my albums on my iPhone and I pad there was an album called people. It grouped individuals shown in separate folders. I’ve just had a look again and in the album where it identifies me in pictures, I’d say in near on a quarter of them I’m wearing sunglasses.

It even picks out our now 6 moth old Grandson and doesn’t confuse it with his similar aged cousin.

Anyway, like it or lump it, facial recognition, like Brexit, is going to happen.

like Brexit, is going to happen

Brexit wont happen in any meaningful way.

No deal = more negotiation

WA = more negotiation

Bilateral deal with US = more negotiations, but on their terms only

Every single of those scenarios means giving up power and control.

WA = more negotiation

Really? If mere plumbers/builders/handymen/wetliberalfeckknowswhatapologistgive'emacuddlewe'reallhuman people on a diy forum know that, they should be be the ones in public service and leading the negotiations because it appears that those educated idiots who went into serving the public as well as a fair few business leaders and economists clearly don’t know what the feck they are talking about. :rolleyes:

WA = more negotiation

Notchy is wasted on here,he is such an expert on global economics,politics,future prediction,trading,,,the list is endless,,,,in his head!

Sponsored Links
Back