Failing Cannon Cooker...HELP!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please help me. I have a Cannon C50ELW electric halogen hob cooker. It was used for about 3 months from new, then stored in dry dust free area for about a year, and has now been re-powered up about 2 weeks ago.
Today, My wife tried to use the grill, and only got moderately hot heat with no glow on the element. After checking the hobs one of them (rear left) does not glow and again, only releases moderately hot heat (can still touch with hand).
Does anyone happen to know what may be the problem before forking out over £100 for engineer? :eek:
All help greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

B/John

Sponsored Links
Not familiar with that model but if none of the cooker is working properly ie oven ,grill or hob then I would suggest you check the input connections & the cooker connection unit & cooker switch connections. Other than that it sounds vaguely like you may have a poor internal neutral connection. Have a look at the loom that goes from the hob to the base.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back