Cannon Hotpoint dual fuel cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone help me with this, we brought a cannon cooker July 2016 and every now and again when water boils over onto the hob plate it seeps between the gas burner pots and the hob plate as there does not appear to be water tight seal, this allows water to come into contact the ignition electrics and trip out the main RCD in the consumer unit we then have to wait for it to dry out before switching back on.
I called out an independent engineer who said the appliance has left the factory without seals fitted and they are not an off the shelf item I need to contact Hotpoint direct which I been trying to do numerous times without success does anyone know where I can get these seal from?
Thanks for looking

Geoff

Sponsored Links
The cooker is only 18 months old, so you could still argue that it's deffective, and not fit for purpose - as such, the repair (or replacement) should be down to hotpoint via the suppliers. After 6 months, the onus is on the client to show that the cooker was faulty from the very start, and I think you can certainly do that. Aproach the place you bought it, and don't let them fob you off.

Thanks, it was brought through AO.com I have contacted them they replied I need to contact hotpoint direct but also offered £45 to the repair costs, I’ll go back to them.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, they can't pass the buck. You could push them for the cost of a full repair, so try hotpoint, and then see what develops, thendecide which way to jump. Hotpoint may decide that it should be raplced, as you don't know what else has been missed out. It hasn't exploded yet, but you never know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back