Fair boiler quote? and brand comparison

Difficult to give advice without seeing job but If gas pipe runs ok, I would be biting his hand off at that price, if inclusive of vat as it says.

Sponsored Links
You already have a baxi 105HE so WHY not have a baxi duotec 28 He A in place it fits onto existing jig with no pipework alterations at all and flue hole only needs a slight alteration .
Labour saving as old boiler can be off and new on and back on and working very very quickly.

Also it comes with a SEVEN year no quibble g`tee.

WHY are you changing a 105HE these are a good no nonsense boiler that are probably the easiest combi out there to fix ???

Gas, that is SOME post to thank you score you have, I have increased your score by one for the useful post. I know some people would be very reluctant to say thank you let alone put polish on your shining score :D

Too cheap is what I think too. Putting a grand on it and doing it by the book is what should be on the cards. Take it the condensate is not going to be o/f pipe sticking out of the wall like the PRV does :confused:

Sponsored Links
You already have a baxi 105HE so WHY not have a baxi duotec 28 He A in place it fits onto existing jig with no pipework alterations at all and flue hole only needs a slight alteration .
Labour saving as old boiler can be off and new on and back on and working very very quickly.

WHY are you changing a 105HE these are a good no nonsense boiler that are probably the easiest combi out there to fix ???

Having the following problems with existing Baxi Combi 105 HE:

- water leaking from boiler unit.
- Loss of pressure within a week of manually topping up.
- Loud whistling noise when boiler running.
- Some cold radiators even when TRV's fully open
- Small water leaks from upstairs radiators if pressure goes above

We've 3 differnent H.E's round who have all recommended replacing due to age and inefficency.

will have a look at the baxi duotec 28, thanks

Most on your list are radiator and circulation/balancing issues which will apply equally to a new boiler.

You have a leak and a noise from your boiler! That's all!

Mostly I can fix leaks within my diagnostic fee and even if a part was needed its usually only round about £20.

The noise is likely to be cured by a proper service which would also be included in my diagnostic fee.

Unfortunately, because householders get seriously worried by water leaks they panic and are easily persuaded to have a new boiler fitted. Most water leaks are very minor repairs. HEs don't want to do a repair if they can get the bigger job of fitting a new boiler.

The increase in efficiency of a new boiler is only likely to be 6% to 12% which does not justify the cost of a new boiler.

Tony

Most on your list are radiator and circulation/balancing issues which will apply equally to a new boiler.

You have a leak and a noise from your boiler! That's all!

Mostly I can fix leaks within my diagnostic fee and even if a part was needed its usually only round about £20.

The noise is likely to be cured by a proper service which would also be included in my diagnostic fee.

Unfortunately, because householders get seriously worried by water leaks they panic and are easily persuaded to have a new boiler fitted. Most water leaks are very minor repairs. HEs don't want to do a repair if they can get the bigger job of fitting a new boiler.

The increase in efficiency of a new boiler is only likely to be 6% to 12% which does not justify the cost of a new boiler.

Tony

Thanks Tony - i could do with one of you 'oop north'

I'M not disputing the bones of your post of your post - but I would hesitate to say it is no quibble. I was at Baxi training a short time ago, and ther warranty came up. We were told that in the event of a fault caused by a dirty system, it would be rectified, but any future work would be reliant upon the system being cleaned. They did say they would contact the installer if known, for a friendly chat, but if not the client would be informed

Firemant What manufacturer does cover dirt fireman no quibble means for a properly installed system .

The Chief whoever is telling you inefficient ?? the 105he was around 88% new boilers are around 92% but this is not for all the time its running .

Water leaking from boiler Unit ? is this from the left hand side at the front if so its a £15 quid part and ten minute fix . Whistling sound could be a couple of minor adjustments req.

As for losing pressure if its on your system then new boiler isnt the cure . And only takes a day of boiler isolation to confirm if on system or boiler.

your boiler is no more than 9 years old i have original 105e`s out there coming up for 14 year old and have years of life left in them i would say your 3 guys are looking for work and an easy install .

Just that in my experience... the more that you do fer folk... the more recommendations and additional customers they recommend you to... the more they want freebies... deductions... gratuities....
Mind you I'm a Lancastrian exiled to the land of yerksha puds (the missus is a yorky) where barms are called bread cakes! WTF!
Howdya get a 50p piece out of a yerkshamans hand!!!??? Wi a pair o rothenberger w/p pliers!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back