Fair quote for plastering?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya I hope I'm posting in the right area apologies in advance if I'm not.

I want to know if this is a fair quote if possible!

I need a wall replastering it also needs straightening out/bodge job previous owners on the extension! Apparantly it is 10mm out!

The wall is 238cm height 670cm length but a door in that area as well!!!!!

The quote says:-
To unibond wall ready for plastering
To bond wall with conding ready for plastering
To plaster wall

Is this a fair quote? Our previous house was a new build so never had to have any work done so no idea if this is a fair price?

Thanks in advanced.

Sponsored Links
I'd be expecting a room for that price!

Is it 10mm high (bulging), if so is the plasterer proposing to bring the rest of the wall out 10mm or knock the existing plaster back?

What about skirting/architrave on the wall - being removed?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for moving sorry I was in the wrong place!

Yeap he is bringing the wall to be level, and its assumed that he is going to make good the join on the coving? (need to check that with him), apart from moving the wall to be level/ it really sticks out the join of extension, and covering the old light socket.... its just the wall?

so that does seem excessive? I was expecting about £150-300? maybe I live in a fantasy world???

Yeap he is bringing the wall to be level, and its assumed that he is going to make good the join on the coving? (need to check that with him), apart from moving the wall to be level/ it really sticks out the join of extension, and covering the old light socket.... its just the wall?

so that does seem excessive? I was expecting about £150-300? maybe I live in a fantasy world???

As you know it is very hard to comment on pricing something unseen - first of all

Before you get too bogged down with the price, have you seen his work?
Is he happy to let you talk to previous customers?
Have you spoken to two or three other spreads?
Has he said how much the material will be, or is he a bit reluctant to break it down ?

These might give you a clue as to whether to use him .

Firstly assume nothing, you need to know exactly what he is going to do otherwise you could end up an unhappy customer because he hasn't done something he never intended to and you just assumed he would do it.

Check to see that he is going to sort out the coving, and the skifting if neccisary. It is so importand for the contractor and the customer to have a cleat idea of what is going to be done.

Firstly assume nothing, you need to know exactly what he is going to do otherwise you could end up an unhappy customer because he hasn't done something he never intended to and you just assumed he would do it.

Check to see that he is going to sort out the coving, and the skifting if neccisary. It is so importand for the contractor and the customer to have a cleat idea of what is going to be done.

Excellent advice -especially for something not straightforward.

just about, although i seem to sell myself short alot, although in these troubled times working for less is better than not working.

OP, let us know the outcome :)

Thanks all.

He is my next door but one neighbour! My other neighbour is currently having his kitchen done and happy withthe work looks okay to me but a pure amature! Wish I had done the plastering course when was younger and had a chance! They don't do it in evening classes around here much to my disappointment! Will check questions with him wAiting for other quotes!

You live 2 counties too far away :cry: You could get that wall done - bend taken out etc.- for no more than 300 but you`d need to be in Sussex. ;) ;)

Personnally i would of charged £100 +materials which would of been 1-2 bags of bonding and a bag of multi and allow for some unibond so about another £30

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back