Fair quote for plastering?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for moving sorry I was in the wrong place!

Yeap he is bringing the wall to be level, and its assumed that he is going to make good the join on the coving? (need to check that with him), apart from moving the wall to be level/ it really sticks out the join of extension, and covering the old light socket.... its just the wall?

so that does seem excessive? I was expecting about £150-300? maybe I live in a fantasy world???
You live 2 counties too far away :cry: You could get that wall done - bend taken out etc.- for no more than 300 but you`d need to be in Sussex. ;) ;)

Damn shame! anyone in Essex willing to give me a quote? I'm based in Wickford??

Personnally i would of charged £100 +materials which would of been 1-2 bags of bonding and a bag of multi and allow for some unibond so about another £30

So would that take me approx his cost? Sorry being a bit dump here??

Sponsored Links
A realistic price for a good plasterer will be £450 - £500. Go much below that and you'll get some out of work desperado that's done a three week plastering course.

its interesting reading the quotes here, from £100 to £500 its a shame wassa don't live near you because i would have snapped his hand off for £100, i couldn't do it for that price by the time you pay for tax and petrol you wont have much left to put in your pocket, what the quote dont say is who is paying for materials? if the job is as i picture it level the wall up with bonding and skim i would be asking in the region of £200+ materials
as you can see already on here you have several oppinions on quotes you ought to get at least another quote or two before making your mind up if its a fair price or who you want to do it

Difficult to advise without seeing it & knowing how much work is involved. If it were just a question of prepping & skimming the wall then it will take around 2 hours but you will probably get charged for ½ day - £100 + materials. As the wall needs levelling, it will need an initial Bonding coat before skimming & the time it takes depends on how much faffing about is required but it should still be done in a day - £200 + materials.

I was expecting about £150-300? maybe I live in a fantasy world???
I think you expectation is about right, high if it’s just a days work. Maybe your spread is bringing a mate along to mix for him which is completely unnecessary for such a small job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back