False Pitch Roof - Insulation Approaches

Thanks.

I'm not building it, feel I should now after this thread, but I feel out of control unless I can at least understand what is proposed is being built and it being doable for the builder and a decent solution. Like others have commented, that is what the plan should really show - I have paid for it. Maybe not enough... He wasn't a architect but ex BR guy. I don't think mine currently has enough thought in some places, mostly due to lack of detail...

I am meeting with the builder and I'll quizz him and also use his judgement over the highest priority clarity. I'm sure he will say he will fill the gaps somehow, literally but I'd rather there be less of them!!

The list I've got to go back to him with is substantial and can't be fulfilled with edits alone, some more detailing sections are required. Some solutions need to be re-thought. I can't really seeing him addressing all of what I've got but see how I go..

I am fussy and detailed but not unreasonable. I don't expect things to go 100% once doing the build job but if you have something on paper that doesn't even work to start with because of missing details or just poor assumptions or design. it makes life difficult. Also leaves door open for poor quality, builder short cuts or bodge fixes and cost variations!!

I could say to the builder can you build it like it is drawn but risk a quality finish and wasted time and effort on something that isn't up to the job design wise in the first place. And it would be all up to him to fix all the deficiencies....

Sponsored Links
Here is a pic of mine. The OSB you can see is the warm deck. Rest is obvious. Used some battens to help support the loft insulation. You can see this tucked between the joists and fittings to keep it tight.

Attachments

• 036FBF73-3F00-42F5-B18A-A6BBFAA1C16A.jpeg
    036FBF73-3F00-42F5-B18A-A6BBFAA1C16A.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 135

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back