fan in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
extractor fans are required in kitchens, agreed? but will a cooker hood fullfill this requirement in an average kitchen? i dunno anyone have an opinion? :eek:

Sponsored Links
wot about little traps am i right in saying if they have a window no requirement for fan?

cooker hood

extractor fan

nah, they are not the same

seriously, a cooker hood is for ................cookers, and often just recirculates same air (via filter)

extractor fan is some one who used to, but no longer likes tractors

extractor fan "does what it says on the tin" , extracts air tfrom point a (kitchen) to point b (outside)

ahh i begin to understand so kitchen definitley needs seperate extractor fan?

Sponsored Links
i bet this subject has been done to death :D
me nooby hope no one minds helping me,

ty bigbob

If the hood is vented to outside, and complies to the extract rate for the building regs (most exceed this), it complies fully. Very common to see a hood and no fan. Fans are installed if hood can't be vented (cause her indoors wants cooker on internal wall).

WC requires a fan if no opening window.

Bath/shower rooms require a fan (or hood :LOL: ).

Utilities require a fan.

what you say about cooker hoods venting to outside is true, but, most cooker hoods are "fashion excesories"

that is they are deisgned to look good, but thats about it, some even recirculate the aiir, but not all are designed to vent to outside

also cooker hoods have filters of some description, which get bunged or clogged up, extarctor fans dont have this.

they just get covered in loveley grease which gets covered in dirt which gets covered in grease (ok so it can take some time)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back