Extractor Fan In Kitchen

14 Feb 2008
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I already have a hood type extractor fan directly above the hob in the kitchen, which now needs replacing. If I was to replace it will i require Part P for the job ? If not my old fan has 3 pin plug on it, will I be able to do the same on the new one ?

Sponsored Links
No Part P required if the new hood plugs in the same as the old one.

You are OK so long as you dont need to change any wiring/ move the socket, etc...#
Taylortwocities thanks. So this means I can put a 13amp plug on the new extractor and it will be ok.
Sponsored Links
Unfortunately if you wanted to permamnently wire the fan into a spur and replace the socket, as its a kitchen its notifiable work to the LABC. If you were to put a plug top on the end of the new fan, with a 3A fuse, then you would be OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local