Wiring in an extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My current extractor fan above the hob in the kitchen is plugged into a socket which sits above the fan.

However i need to move the extractor fan further up the wall and this means that it will now clash with the plug socket.

Would an electrician be able to remove the plug socket and connect the wire from the wall directly to the extractor fan?

Sponsored Links
Your electrician would be able to move the socket for you and connect the fan for you, or fit a sfc and connect to this.

That isn't what i asked. I don't want to MOVE the plug socket, i just want to REMOVE it completely and connect the wire directly to the extractor fan.

Sponsored Links
Unlikely thats possible.

Great. Thanks for that valuable contribution.

I think you need to sort out your attitude, pal. It is indeed a valuable contribution, and it's very likely correct.

The existing feed is probably straight from a ring final circuit protected at 30 or 32A, therefore it will not be possible to connect directly to the extractor without the intermediate fusing provided by a plug/socket or FCU.

Unlikely thats possible.

Great. Thanks for that valuable contribution.

I think you need to sort out your attitude, pal.

It is indeed a valuable contribution as it's very likely correct. The existing feed is probably straight from a ring final circuit protected at 30 or 32A, therefore it will not be possible to connect directly to the extractor without the intermediate fusing provided by a plug/socket or FCU.

Well pardon me for not being psychic Mr. Sensitive!

It might well have been the correct response but without the detail you've just provided it was completely and utterly pointless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back