Fan into WC. Vent(s?) into larder. High/low position?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small WC and larder as part of a shonky lean-to inherited extension. In larder is washing machine. Not ideal I know...larder is a bit moist! Both doors are ledge and brace with big gaps at bottom. With kitchen door and back door shut you can think of the WC and larder as sealed off, but together in a block.

Aim is; WC less smelly than now, larder becomes drier than is now.

If you were putting an extractor fan into WC just at ceiling height, how would you vent the larder? One or two vents and at high/ low position?
I can send smelly WC air out the top of the wc and it could be drawn in under the door, pulling from the larder, again coming out under the door. But do I need to vent the larder with two holes, one high and one low?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
How about fitting an extractor on to an external wall in the WC?? with weighted baffles that close in a wind.

As for the larder, high and low venting into the house, any "holes" in the outside walls could be really cold in winter without any baffles to stop the wind penetration?

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back