Fan Lube

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know the manufacturer or distributor of the 'fan lube' that BG engineers use? Any details off the can would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I left the dark side about 4 years ago, but the fan lube was being taken from us because it was a danger to the environment. Apparently. We were issued with a replacement called ac90, which was basically the same as wd40 but cheaper. Of course it was also useless as a fan lubricant because it rapidly dried out. :rolleyes:

The AC90 wasn't a replacement for the fan lube, the fan lube was removed because it's highly flammable and they didn't want to risk anyone using it when the burner was lit (or pilot) Shame as it was actually really good! Not sure where to get it from now though.....

Very few domestic boiler manu's reccomend combustion fan lubrication ???

Sponsored Links

At the risk of sounding cynical but I would suggest that they are far more interested in selling new fans...

At the risk of sounding cynical but I would suggest that they are far more interested in selling new fans...

idiot. sell fans to contract customers. :rolleyes:

OP, the oil they use is called zoom oil.

http://www.gradyshardware.com/4OZ-Z...GB&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=GB&id=uk[/QUOTE]

Not all customers are under contract... Now go and get your PMT sorted. ;)

Zoom oil should be available from any decent Refrigeration Wholesaler..

just use 3 in 1 or any other oil based product that doesn't dry out in a heated environment.

idiot. sell fans to contract customers. :rolleyes:

OP, the oil they use is called zoom oil.

http://www.gradyshardware.com/4OZ-Z...GB&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=GB&id=uk[/QUOTE]

Not all customers are under contract... Now go and get your PMT sorted. ;)

Zoom oil should be available from any decent Refrigeration Wholesaler..

yeh only something like 95%. i can see your point though. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know the manufacturer or distributor of the 'fan lube' that BG engineers use? Any details off the can would be greatly appreciated.

the fan lube was taken off bg engineers as , some one got burnt as they did not turn off pilot light , its for imp called 22 fan lube .

Afaik the original 'fan lube' was only available to bg as a special and it has been gone a good 5 years. The new stuff is la co which is ok but once the bearings have some corrosion it's only delaying the inevitable.
I'm not sure manufacturers have any say on whether I want to lube the fan or not and the original lube was withdrawn because someone apparantly 'got burnt' although as with air cans I think that's just the blanket excuse for it being too expensive a consumable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back