Fan recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What make(s) of extractor fans would you folks recommend (or not recommend).

Spec:

SELV, with fan unit OK for Zone 1
Wall mount
6"
200-300m3/hr
Ideal controls would be both manual switching with timer overrun AND automatic humidity sensing.

Sponsored Links
I'll have a check for you Ban, but I don't think anyone makes a 150mm SELV extract, wall or ceiling mounted. The largest I have ever come across are all 100mm.

However I have a shelf full of Vent-Axia, Xpelair, Greenwood and other manufacturers of air moving appartus :)..I'll have a little read and see what I can find.

Looked in every catalogue, and checked online, largest currently available SELV fan is 104mm.

Ah.

I was aware of one when I asked the Q - I hadn't looked for others, I just assumed that if 1 maker did one then others would. I wasn't expecting people here to do the donkey work, just respond with advice like "Xpelair and Greenwood are the dogs ******* but don't touch Vent-Axia with a bargepole" sort of thing, so thanks for looking in all the literature.

see this - the XF150BLV & XF150ALV models.

Mind you - they only appear on the price list, not in the main catalogue sections, so maybe they are obsolete now.

Sponsored Links
Ban, Yep I stand corrected, I just spoke to Manrose on a different problem and asked about this size of LV extract..and they are the only makers of them in the UK...I hunted out the thread to give you the part number..and wahay..you already have it :D

XF150LV :D

Anyway, Manrose are quality Kit, they are aimed at the professionals without the overcharging for branded name.

They are still manufactured.

Manrose can be contacted direct on 01753 691399

Sorry, FW, you've been on the fermented water again.....

The man who sayeth that Wylex are worthy of burial undr a large pile of bull excrement, also sayeth that the hot stars rays shineth out of the a*us of Manrose???

Hmm. I don't follow.

The ONLY good thing about Manrose is that they have a 3 year G'tee so that when they break down (and they will) you can get a replacement no probs.

i gave up using them, because one in particular (one of my first jobs as a s/e spark) was a humidistat model with a neon indicator. The neon gave up 3 times, and the humidistat part was replaced 6 times. Then the customer rang me again, to say that it was noisy....I apologised profusely to the customer, fitted Greenwood for free and sent Manrose the bill.

And, yes after an extremely heated conversation over the phone, the Slough b*ggers paid up. More sh*te in that company than Wernham Hogg....

I must have been the talk of the office for a while. Actually, a company can always make good come out of a bad experience. Learning from mistakes. I did. I buy Greenwood everytime now, except once when I bought Vent Axia.

That Greenwood is still going, 8 years later, sweet as a nut.

Simon, I would have agreed with you about 5 years ago, but Manrose have been turned around, most of their units are rebadged and bought in. Manrose do not actually manufacture their own fans anymore.

I will admit to saying that I only have experience of their industrial kit, which is good and always has been, I have never installed a domestic manrose unit. I tend to go for Greenwood or Xpelair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back