Fancy a new job?

Reaction score
Dystopia, a small island too close to Europe
Country
United Kingdom

Stuart Ross Communications Internship​

Communicate across the TfL organisation all over the capital with the Stuart Ross communications internship

Communicate across the TfL organisation all over the capital with the Stuart Ross communications internship© John Lamb/Getty Images
Learn the ropes of communications and public relations across the whole TfL organisation and learn the ins and outs of the capital's transport network.

• Salary: A bursary of £21,824 (in line with the London Living Wage)
  • Duration: 11 months. Full-time, Monday to Friday.
  • Benefits:
    • Free travel on the TfL network for you and a nominee who lives in the same household.
    • Discounted national rail and Eurostar travel
    • Minimum 30 days annual leave (pro rata) plus public and bank holidays.
    • Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
    • Retail, health, leisure, and travel offers & many more
  • Entry requirements:
    • From Black, Asian or other minority ethnic backgrounds and/or
    • People with a disability (as defined by the Equality Act 2010) and/or
    • Individuals from a disadvantaged socio-economic background
    • A graduate with, or an undergraduate on track to achieve, a minimum 2:2 in any degree, or
    • A non-graduate with no more than one year’s paid experience in the communications industry such as public relations, public affairs, marketing, stakeholder engagement, media, or other related fields.
    Apply for this job here.

Sponsored Links
The reward doesn't tie in with the entry requirements.

A bursary like that for an internship is aimed at those with the bank of mum and dad behind them

Sponsored Links

• Entry requirements:
    • From Black, Asian or other minority ethnic backgrounds and/or
    • People with a disability (as defined by the Equality Act 2010) and/or
    • Individuals from a disadvantaged socio-economic background
    • A graduate with, or an undergraduate on track to achieve, a minimum 2:2 in any degree, or
    • A non-graduate with no more than one year’s paid experience in the communications industry such as public relations, public affairs, marketing, stakeholder engagement, media, or other related fields.
    • Apply for this job here.

Not really positive discrimination though, it's aimed at beginners.

Some can only see part of the story. Very few going to apply in the 1st 3 categories if you think about it

They have positive discrimination/affirmative action in South Africa. As a result, there's crime levels that someone I know who lives there describes as "like a civil war", and they can't keep the lights on.

Last edited:
They have positive didcrimination/affirmative action in South Africa. As a result, there's crime levels that someone I know who lives there describes as "like a civil war", and they can't keep the lights on.

Positive Action: one of Hammas' previous incarnations had an enormous meltdown in a thread on this, a few years ago.

I'll bet the current Hammas will be spot-welding their drawers over this, as I type ;)

Buckle in; thread's gonna blow up :D

There are a few jobs advertised on the same site, all with TFL, the place that is basically bankrupt, but can still offer final salary pensions, free travel for you and a nominated friend on TFL, along with subsidised travel on national rail services.

They have positive didcrimination/affirmative action in South Africa. As a result, there's crime levels that someone I know who lives there describes as "like a civil war", and they can't keep the lights on.
It's a human phenomena that the oppressed become the oppressors when released from their oppression.
We saw it in SA, we see it now in Israel, we've seen it in dictatorships around the world.

It is easy for the oppressed to fight their oppressors only to become the polar opposites of what they currently are. In other words, this just makes them the oppressors and starts the cycle all over again.

The article goes ont to discuss the process of true liberlisation:
To be fully human again, they must identify the oppressors. They must identify them and work together to seek liberation. The next step in liberation is to understand what the goal of the oppressors is. Oppressors are purely materialistic.  They see humans as objects and by suppressing individuals, they are able to own these humans.
While they may not be consciously putting down the oppressed, they value ownership over humanity, essentially dehumanizing themselves. This is important to realize as the goal of the oppressed is to not only gain power. It is to allow all individuals to become fully human so that no oppression can exist.

Your attitude to asylum seekers suggests you still see other humans to be owned with your comments such as "We should import them as needed", etc.
You need to go through the process of liberalisation before you can address your bigotry and your desire to own others.

Positive Action: one of Hammas' previous incarnations had an enormous meltdown in a thread on this, a few years ago.

I'll bet the current Hammas will be spot-welding their drawers over this, as I type ;)

Buckle in; thread's gonna blow up :D
I don't think Hamas are posting in this forum. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back