fantasia ceiling fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have just purchased a fantasia ceiling fan with light and am having some issues wiring it up. Please help!
The room has 2 ceiling roses (one of which I have changed for the fan) and 2 switches that are wired so that either switch can be used to switch off the lights.
I initially wired the fan to the switch feed. The fan (which is remote control only) will only work if the 'lights' are switched on by the wall switch. No good as turning the second light off with the switch forces the fan off.
I then wired the fan to the loop feed instead of switch feed. Perfect! The fan operates perfectly. However, now neither switch works when I try to operate the remaining ceiling light (ie it is permanently off).
Have I somehow 'broken' the circuit? How can I get around this? Any help here would be really appreciated,
Thanks guys,
Crackles

Sponsored Links
Humm So you want to end up with a light and a fan light.

I think you need to change the switching arange ment so each light is controlled by its own switch. It's not going to be easy though.

Have I somehow 'broken' the circuit? How can I get around this? Any help here would be really appreciated

The most likely place to look would be at the switch wire connection. When you removed the live to the fan after you first connected it there, you may not have tightened the terminal back up properly, or it screwed down on insulation, or the screw went in cross-threaded and just seems tight.
Or the bulb has blown.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Mikeyd,
Your post got me to recheck things again, it looks like one of the neutrals, whils secured, was done so via the insulation. Better connection orted, fan now perfect :)
Thanks again,
Crackles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back