Farrow & Ball or not Farrow & Ball...that is the que

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys.......my misses is doin my head in wanting me to use Farrow & Ball emulsion instead of my usual choice which is Leyland.
My simple question is.....what does Farrow & Ball give me at twice the price that the Leyland product doesn't ??

Sponsored Links
A Leyland paint centre will give you F&B colours mixed from Leyland paint..

Thanks Joe,,,,Have you used F & B ?? and if so did you really notice any difference in depth of colour, pigment, coverage etc??

F&B is grossly overpriced for what it is, doesn't cover as well and can be tricky to get a good finish. On the plus side is the "flat" finish (if thats what rocks your boat!) which is fairly academic.

As Joe90 says, I would get a colour match at Leyland, you're going to get far better coverage, fewer coats and easier application (and a lot more pennies left over for a pint when you're done!) - you would be really hard pressed to see any difference in finish.

Sponsored Links
On top of that I'd also say that F&B doesn't touch up well. So for a couple of marks its best to paint the whole wall otherwise it shows up.

Thanks Guys for that input..................it leaves me thinkin I ought to stick with Leyland and save a few bob

Its good paint but just because its farrow and bull doesnt means it going to..

a.....last longer

b...be more durable

c...cover better

d...look better

It has a nice flat finish...but nearly all the big manufacturers produce dead flat emulsions to rival F&B

Its good paint but just because its farrow and bull doesnt means it going to..

a.....last longer
b...be more durable
c...cover better
d...look better

It has a nice flat finish...but nearly all the big manufacturers produce dead flat emulsions to rival F&B
Do you know the Leyland equivalent??

Sorry no..I dont use leyland if I can help it..I dont think Johnstones do one either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back