Fascia, Soffits & Gutting Cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI ALL

Looking to get new Fascia, Soffits & Gutting Cost on a two storey 4 bed detached house , just wondering what the Material cost would be including bird guards/eaves guards, and the overall cost of overcladding and the Option of ripping the old wooden stuff off and starting from scratch.

Many Thanks :D

Sponsored Links

£3400 for what please?

Removing the old facings, soffits, gutters, rwp.
removing bottom course of tiles installing eve trays and bird combs fillers
installing 18mm White cladding and vented soffit.
Renew rainwater goods 114mm deepflow.

tower scaffold and youngmans boards included.

3 quotes would be the best idea.

Sponsored Links
Just had mine done during the summer. Mine is a three bedroom semi but with a converted loft so two dormers. Also bay windows with a firly large bargeboarded gable over the bays. They errected scaffolding down the side - complicated because of a carport - and also on the back to reach the dormers. I also took the opportunity to have the rear dormer refelted. They pulled down the old guttering and facias and replaced with new tanalized timber facias faced with upvc. Also new guttering and downpipes. I got two quotes both within a couple of hundred of each other. Final bill £3200.

bloody hell £3200 i could retire off that !!! i dont charge enuff deary deary me!!! no more than £800 for the gear to do the job and thats being extream!!!

i would say its no more than £800 to buy the matarials to do the job and thats ott ! ive heard of people charging £40-£50 per meter in labour but you can do 5 meters in around 20 mins !! they know how to charge

Dont be silly, it takes ten minutes to set the tower/access up, I'd like to see you strip 5m of eaves tiles, the old fascia/soffits, rain water pipes and guttering in the remaining ten minutes!

Alistairs quote is about right, give or take a couple of hundred quid, hard to give an accurate figure without pictures or a site visit.

sorry just re read post depends on old wood and if its sound id clad over be loads cheaper and half the time . 9 times out of 10 no need to replace timber any rotten parts can be choped out and redone. still £3200 is silly money!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back