Fat parents arrested for bringing up fat kid.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm torn on this one.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-27730696

Fatness is a simple kind of subject normally.

I've witnessed similar walking down the high street, hand in hand with huge mums. Mums with ass's torturing the seams of their pink leggings, (cheeseburger in hand).

The question is.... Should they be arrested and the kid be put into care, or just let them blow themselves up like balloons.????

Both parents have had previous warnings regarding care of said fat child I should add.

Or is it no-one else's business.?????? I don't know.

Sponsored Links
It is a fact that fat people cost money.

A LOT of money.

True, so do smokers and boozers. But these are illegal for sprogs in any case.

Parents have a huge influence on their children. My eldest would eat himself into oblivion if it were not for his mother and I constantly looking at ways to encourage him to do otherwise. We encourage exercise, monitor his diet and try and influence his eating habits when we are not present.

It takes effort and this is where fat Britain unfortunately falls short.

If the weight causes health issues, I would say this is no different than if they starve the kid, both is neglect of dietary needs.

My only concern is the use of the BMI index, a proper system needs to be used to identify unhealthy weights, BMI is not fit for purpose.

A bit of extra weight is fine, I was a bit fat as I had a fat parent, once I was old enough to think more for myself I decided to exercise it off. The line has to be that the weight does not cause permanent health defects that the person cant work of later in life.

If the weight causes health issues, I would say this is no different than if they starve the kid, both is neglect of dietary needs.
True, neglect is neglect. It is an interesting point. Parents think they are doing the right thing when actually, no, they are killing their child and costing the country money.

My only concern is the use of the BMI index, a proper system needs to be used to identify unhealthy weights, BMI is not fit for purpose.
Is this really how the authorities come to their decisions, i.e. based upon BMI? I thought this snippet was thrown into the mix just to show how far from 'ideal' this kid had actually become. I'm pretty sure that by the time the parents are arrested that BMI is only one of many warning signs.

Sponsored Links
Kids nowadays sit at computers and play stations instead of playing outside or fighting other kids.
Parents don't want them falling prey to strangers or paedophiles in the street so instead they give their kids direct access to the paedo's online.

Grown ups are not much better. Shop or school around the corner and its into the car twiddling the thumbs in a traffic jam.
Then off to the call center where they sit all day and their biggest exertion is having a dump.

A parent is responsible for their child's wellbeing, until the child is old enough to fend for themselves.
If a child couldn't read for example, would anyone disagree that the parents had failed them?

I'm in a very unfamiliar position, I agree with all the posts so far. :D

Trouble is, everyone seems to be concentrating on the parenting bit and not whether these kind of parents warrant arrest or not.

Trouble is, everyone seems to be concentrating on the parenting bit and not whether these kind of parents warrant arrest or not.
Their arrests were a result of bad parenting.
What's your point?

My point is....

Police rush to the scene of nosealls house being burgled..... or arrest a couple of fat crap parents.

It's a conundrum mate. :D

Is it worth it.????

Hopefully the parents will be "encouraged" to go on a Feed Awareness course where they will be educated about how to feed children and be better parents.

Hopefully the parents will be "encouraged" to go on a Feed Awareness course where they will be educated about how to feed children and be better parents.

Absolutely right.

But let's consider the man hours involved in educating these people about being fat, bad parenting, let alone the cost to all of us regarding court fees/ costs.

But I'm not claiming to know the answer. Arrest all the fatties with fat kids??? I don't know.

just shows how shockingly greedy fatties can be - to eat a child is disgusting. and if they'd managed to keep it down its possible nobody would have known.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Back