Fatra roof advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Hoping for some advice with our recent roof woes. Have 2 low pitched roofs, 1 of which started letting in water and at the advice of the roofer we got, we allowed him to remove all the concrete tiles and replace with Fatra rubber.

Initially he says he has just aimed to get us water tight, which he has, but the job looks really shoddy.... trims not mitered, seals not finished, screws exposed, trims cut too short, rubber not extending right up and over the edges etc....

There is even a patch in one corner and it all just looks amateur....

Its been 3 weeks now since it was done and he hasnt been back as is "really busy" so now I am getting to the stage that I want to get someone else to fix / finish it....

It was not adhered to the 18mm ply under it either so is just resting on the white felt stuff and sealed down round the edges to the trims.... he says the roof needs to breath so not sticking it down....

Anyone that knows this roofing system offer a view? I've watch the install vids and nothing looks right about our job so far :(

Attachments

• IMG_7340.png
    IMG_7340.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_7278.jpg
    IMG_7278.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 160
Sponsored Links
Thanks Mackie. No monies paid as yet no. Appreciate your input.

That is the fatra site I was checking out to compare state of my job.

Yeah the whole left the felt on as it needs to breath is just pathetic. Guys are clueless.

Sponsored Links
He is no saying that there will be a cover going over it, patch n all... im baffled as never seen any other ribber roof jobs online get another cover, fatra, firestone or otherwise....

There is a roll of clear looking thick polythene.... almost like a tarp, laying out on our flat roof next to the other material he has left so I can only assume it is this he is refering to.

Ever seen that before Mackie?

He is no saying that there will be a cover going over it, patch n all... im baffled as never seen any other ribber roof jobs online get another cover, fatra, firestone or otherwise....

There is a roll of clear looking thick polythene.... almost like a tarp, laying out on our flat roof next to the other material he has left so I can only assume it is this he is refering to.

Ever seen that before Mackie?

Nope and if he does that the original layer will still not be fully adhered to the surface. Tell him you want the layer removed and installed properly

So does that difference mean it doesnt 100% have to be fully adhesed down onto the surface below all over?

it should be in this case..
The seams should be hot air welded. maybe they are planning on a strip over the joints ..

Looks like a roof over a weekend fun fair ride!
I have little faith in them finishing it properly.

It seems more like a single ply membrane than EPDM.

It says it's done with licensed contractors - if so, I'd ring fatra and ask their opinion - they will take a dim view of cowboys using their gear.

if its fatra there are several different systems some are fully adhered some are mechanically fixed but all external trims work on a trap and strap system ie the trim fixes the main fabric down then a strip of material goes over the the joint i personally use the mech fixed system as i prefer it i agree that it looks a bit rough but is it leaking ? he said it was temp till he could come back and its not finished give the guy a chance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back