Fault finding and diagnosis written assessment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, i've got my final practical and written assessments coming up; but i'm a bit worried about the fault finding and diagnosis bit! Does anyone know what type of questions i might get and how they will be expected to be answered ;)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't know the in's and out's of that exam but what I would say is when fault finding under exam conditions just try and keep a cool head.Work methodically and if you've done your homework/revision and you spot something that you think is wrong then there's a good chance that it is so note it down.

Sponsored Links
Dont know about the 2330, but on the 2360 (a few years ago so I might not be bang on with this) we had a fault finding question in three parts about a 3 phase fan not operating but giving a whining noise. Had to list the steps for safe isolation, steps taken to find fault such as ask customer history of fault is it recent / intermittant, check for voltage at points along circuit, steps taken to cure the fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back