Fault with clock radio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I don't know if this is the right place to air this topic if not someone please advise me.

I have Roberts Clock Radio model CRD33 a beautiful radio had it a few years it has a large analogue clock face with an additional digital read out just like a watch. I like it very much. However, in the last few weeks it developed a malfunction. i.e. The back light which lights up the clock started to blink continually, going of and on. I sent it to Roberts and paid the nominal charge requested they said the adapter was at fault and returned it with a new adapter. It continued to blink on return as before I sent it back they returned it saying that the functions were working correctly.

I am at a loss as to why they are saying that. I have moved the clock to different parts of the house in case there was an electoral interference, but it continues as before.

Can someone advise me please if there is an independent arbiter I can approach who can confirm deny my observations. Thank you

Sponsored Links
You don't need to do anything as extreme as contacting some kind of independent arbiter. Simply use a camera on a mobile phone to record what you are seeing at home. You're not making Gone with the Wind either :mrgreen: so no 5 minute long clips when 10 seconds will do just fine.

The only other thing I'd do is take the radio to the house of a family member or friend. Try it there for a couple of reasons: First, it's on a different mains supply to the house. This is in case your house is suffering some kind of voltage drop that would make the issues associated with basic wall-wart type transformers more prevalent. The second reason is that if there's some kind of signal interference, then running the radio in a house a few miles down the road is likely to avoid such local issues.

Once you know the problem happens in another house, and you have a short video clip that illustrates what you are seeing, then get back in contact with Roberts. Explain that their fix hasn't sorted the issue. Add too that you have a clip that shows the problem.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back