Fault with Vaillant ecoTec Plus 831

Hi Bunnyman.

My postcode is MK16.

I may have been mistaken with the sweatshirts. They could have been black jackets that were zipped up so looked more like a sweatshirt than a jacket, so please disregard this bit.

I am however concerned that I'm being given the brush off by Vaillant based on what you say as I know that the second engineer spoke to Vaillant senior tech on phone when he was at my house but there's been no mention of a visit from a Senior Tech. I must admit that something doesn't seem right to me either, so I really appreciate any guidance that you can give, particularly for when I phone them today.

Regards,
Rob.

Sponsored Links
Hi again Bunnyman. If you need my full postcode then let me know and I can perhaps email or text it to you?

With regards to throwing parts at boiler, if this weren't the case then why would group service advisor tell me that they are ordering 8 parts for it, even though the engineer had already replaced several parts on their previous visit?

Is Group Service officially Vaillant?

Regards,
Rob.

Update: My boiler was 'finally' fixed yesterday, no thanks to Vaillant mind you!!!

I phoned Vaillant yesterday and despite reminding them that we'd been without heating and hot water since Boxing Day the best they could offer was a 'possible' appointment this Saturday, but could not guarantee it!! Fantastic, thanks for that Vaillant - not!!!

I then happened to speak to my brother who knows a Vaillant engineer and he popped over to take a look and fixed the problem in 10 minutes. It turned out to be a faulty igniter cable. I've informed Vaillant of the repair and the engineer is going to log the job officially with Vaillant.

That old saying ' It's not what you know, It's who you know' springs to mind!

Regards,
Rob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back