Fault with Worcester Greenstar 30Si LPG Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday we had a power cut for 11 hours. When the electric came back on our boiler did not give any hot water or heating. I have tried to reset but keep getting a quick flashing blue pilot light. The boiler sounds as if it wants to fire but it isn't happening. I have just had a top up of LPG so this isn't the issue. Can anyone help please? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the power cut has taken something out on the circuit board.

Sorry no heating and hot water over christmas unless you have the immersion for hot water backup.

Thanks. Luckily have gas fire and electric shower so won't be smelly over the festive period!!

your boiler does not have a pilot light ? I am guessing you mean that the blue indicator light on the control panel is flashing ? if so how many times a second ? and what is the reset light doing ?

Sponsored Links
Yes its the blue indicator light - it is flashing 2/3 times a second but the reset button is not lit up.

replaced many a fan on these after boiler has been turned off. strangely worcester removed the on off button. theres a resistor in the fan that blows. looks like a job for an rgi with a flue gas analyser.

Try pressing the service button, its on the left hand side of the display, you have the on/off button the burner on light below it then the service button below that

Hi Holty and Ianmcd
Thanks for your posts, have tried the service button option but the flashing blue light keeps coming back so looks like the need for an expert. Note Holty you are Cornwall based, are you an expert living near Marazion and interested in a job?
Bossie

hi bossie email me on [email protected]. ill pass on my number. thanks and merry xmas. will talk you through a few things. could be as simple as an opso valve that has tripped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back