Faulty alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My alarm keeps going off after I have set it, it pleeps as normal I then lock the back door, wait a while and then the alarm goes off after a few moments, sometimes a few minutes after, can anybody help, please

Sponsored Links
What panel do you have & is it telling you anything when it goes into alarm. Is it showing a zone, tamper or fault.

So you have a tamper fault, simple. However finding the fault may not be that simple. Have you had any work done in the house recently that may have damaged the alarm. The next thing is how old is the outside bell box, could that be faulty or rusty inside.

If you are competent working inside your alarm panel then you need to check all the tamper pairs that come from all of your pirs, contacts etc. Be careful as there is 240v inside of the alarm panel. This may not be a DIY job if your not sure.

Hope this helps

Paul.

Sponsored Links
I have not used this site before so I hope I am doing it right, It is an Optima and it is showing tamper

So you have a tamper fault, simple. However finding the fault may not be that simple. Have you had any work done in the house recently that may have damaged the alarm. The next thing is how old is the outside bell box, could that be faulty or rusty inside.

If you are competent working inside your alarm panel then you need to check all the tamper pairs that come from all of your pirs, contacts etc. Be careful as there is 240v inside of the alarm panel. This may not be a DIY job if your not sure.

Hope this helps

Paul.
Thanks Paul, the system is 18 years old ,time for a new system do you think,regards Steve

It all depends mate. A good alarm engineer will have it fixed in no time, but a new system is not that expensive & will give you peace of mind.

Paul.

It all depends mate. A good alarm engineer will have it fixed in no time, but a new system is not that expensive & will give you peace of mind.

Paul.
Thanks Paul, hope Newcastle go up this year, my son goes to the Univercity there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back