Faulty Alpha CB24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a CB24 that sometimes gives DHW, sometimes refuses to. CH works fine, and when switched on also gives hot water. Has anyone any idea which bit is at fault? Flow valve? Help.
Andy

Sponsored Links
Isn't this one with a conventional diverter valve?

If so the diaphragm may have failed.

If it really has a flow switch then you need to do an electrical test when a demand is created for DHW.

Tony

Do a search on CB24 nd you'll fins plenty. Probably the clip-on flow switch.

Sponsored Links
Cheers, thats the bit, i wrote valve not switch :oops:
thanks for your help guys. just need to find a new part now then. anyone know any good suppliers?
Andy

If it is flow switch it's Alpha part no. 3.013211

Parts centre linked above list it as

449753 ALPHA 3.013211 D.H.W. FLOW SWITCH 43.98

need to eliminate diaphragm, if flow switch clcks ever time it isn't the diaphragm.

rob884 said:
£44 for a microswitch??

List price from that one supplier.

I got a quote from a supplier for a feroli pcb £225 plus vat, from another with my discount £75 plus vat OEM part.

This is the age of the spare parts profiteers.

For some times now in all areas of life people who don't have access to Google are likely to pay well over the odds.

Most boilers are sold at cost or a loss, spare parts are very profitable. A kind of disinsentive to get them right.

It's the same throughout the whole plumbing trade. Radiator list prices at the merchants are stupid. Even trade prices are normal retail prices or higher. The merchants main customer is the trade, we are the ones being robbed. Our customer is quite aware what things cost in normal retail establishments, so we can't pass on the robbery to them, we are squeased or branded as profiteers, a view assisted by the wanderful press we get. For kate Moss any publicity is good publicity.

The publicity we have had leeds to failed computer tec people (and nurses :D ) taking up a stillson.

Compounded by the lack of common morality in the minds of many customers, who certain that plumbers are earning more than a GP (because it was on the news once) rationalise to themselves knocking us, and continue to sleep soundly absent of Horlics.

Is light on front of blr flashing once every 5 secs is so suspect flow switch,if it is flashing every second then suspect thermisters are out of range or one of them is

yes the led is flashing every 5 secs, i reckon its the flow switch! just to be really annoying, the bloody thing worked fine again up until yesterday morning! its got to be female!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back