Faulty Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a house. I changed the old consumer unit for a new one with an rcd. when i left the house at night everything was fine, when i came back in morning system had tripped, i turned it back on again and it was fine. After leaving it overnight again the system had tripped again but this time would not turn back on again. I took the lower casing off boiler and it was damp what is wrong wth it? :eek:

Sponsored Links
To change a consumer unit you are required to be a fully qualified electrician and to notify Building Control !!!

If there is dampness inside the boiler there is likely to be some water leakage or other fault.

As a fully qualified electrician I would have thought that you would have been able to assess the problem within the boiler and its effect on the RCD.

You will presumably have a clamp on earth leakage meter which can measure the actual leakage current in each circuit.

Tony Glazier

i didnt change it someone I know did who works for sec, any idea what could be wrong with boiler? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
""""I changed the old consumer unit for a new one with an rcd""""

In the English language the word "I" means "you" !!!

So really you meant to say ""I got someone working for the Electricity supplier to do a job "on the side" for me"".

I go to a lot of boilers as thats my speciality and I have to admit I have never heard of a gas boiler called a "Triton Olympian".

Is it really a gas boiler and does it have a GC number???

Triton manufacture poor quality showers and have an even worse customer service policy. I once made a dreadful mistake and fitted one of their shower pumps and it worked for only FOUR days !!!

Tony Glazier

If you have damp in the lower case of the boiler the chances are that the main cast iron heat exchanger is leaking, this generally means time for a new boiler, but can also be guttering leaking into flue, threaded plugs leaking, safety valve leaking, if unsure get heating engineer to check it out

to replace (in respect of programmer) you dont even need a minor electrical work cert.

As in to replace...room stat, cyl stat, m/vlv and pump.

But something as simple as a hob fit you do.

Once again Tony you misguided authority has led you another power trip and told someome some misguided information.

What did you CORGI inspector tell you on your last inspection?

Chill, and let the man get on with it.

Dave

thankyou soggy we need more people like you on this forum! all i wanted was some advice and was slaughtered by everyone! :LOL:

Not really, people have been slaughtered on here thats for sure. You seem to have become a bit put out that I didn't find the name of your boiler familiar or anything close to familiar which I don't think was offensive seeing as it was actually nothing like the correct name.

Well, some lateral thinking should be applied. Remember...we earn 90 grand a year (???) and the amount of posts from engineers who can apply their expertise to a wide and varying central heating faults seem unable to determine a boiler explained by someone who openly admits he IS A NUMPTY. (except KEVPLUMB)

Thank god for kev, as this dude would still be being slated.

C'mon... Triton Olympion? Get a grip.

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back