faulty kewtech kt45 loop tester

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi was wondering if any body out there is or has had the same fault on there tester i am getting when i loop test the reading i get is 0.00 ohms also if i do a psc test i get o/l any suggestions on how to remedy this problem cheers :confused:

Sponsored Links
I sometimes got similar problems with the KT64 - its down to work muck and grime getting into the dials. So sometimes you think you may have dialed in one test whereas you're still stuck on the previous test.
My short term solution was to move the dial to appropriate test and then slightly move the dial a little more until the right units appear on the screen.
Eventually had to get it fixed though. :cry:

I use a Kewtech KT61 for work purposes and have had the same problems with the testers displaying 0.00 or OL on the 20 ohm loop test setting. Its been back to the calibration firm and come back as no fault found, I always get the fault when doing a Ze test on a TN-C-S supply on a DNO cutout in a streetlighting column or feeder pillar.
I assumed it was that the reading was so low it would not register within the lower range on the meter, never thought about a faulty dial. I miss my old Megger LT5 that never played up

May not be the same but

I got similar readings on my Fluke 1652.

New leads cured it but not sure why duff leads would cause a 0.00 reading.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back