Faulty Randall 30 60 Central Heating (C/H) timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Auto timer not switching C/H on or off.
Heating will switch on and off by manually rotating the timer. or switching controller to 24hr heating on.

Question:
Am i correct in thinking controller need to be replaced.
Is replacing with an electronic on a good idea
Can i have guidance on wiring up a new one
Thanks
Ash

Sponsored Links
sounds like the timer could be at fault here, i would personally buy the same timer and straight swop the front. no wiring skill is needed.

Although the above answer is the easiest, you may well find that a new electronic programmer is cheaper, especially if you are competent/confident enough to wire in the new one.

If you have an old gravity HW system, then you will not gain much by changing to a new electronic programmer.

Used to be able to buy just the insides of a 3060 . quite a dear programmer to buy but wiring on it can confuse a lot of people who are meant to know what they are doing so might be bit confusing for a diyer.

Sponsored Links
2face/Dave
Thanks for your prompt advise. I will replace with same controller. Any suggestions where i can pick one up at the most competative price.
Quote i have from bhl in yorkshire is £78.70 including delivery. am in Ilford (east london)
Thanks again
Ash

Ash,
I sell heating parts on ebay. I have a 3060 brand new I can do you for £65 Recorded deliverd if interested. Let me know if thats any good for you.
Mark

Plumb Center
UNIT A1,EASTERN APPROACH
ALFREDS WAY
BARKING
LONDON
IG11 0AS
Tel : 0208 5327930

Are showing 1 in stock. You might be lucky and get a good price if you call them.

Mark
Please confirm controller make: Danfoss or Randell
thanks
Ash

Ash,
Its a Danfoss 3060 FRU 087N55900.
Its a clip on replacement module so no need to mess about with wires. Can sent a pic to youe e-mail if you like.
Mark

Thanks to all you guys for your helpful advice. I bought the controller from Mark and is now fitted.
Happy New Year to you All
Ash :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back