Faulty reset button on Worcester Bosch 240 boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, the pilot light on my boiler has gone out and I've tried to push the reset button to relight but I'm not able to push it in. It's so long since I did this I can't quite remember how it went but I'm sure I've managed to relight the pilot light this way in the past. The button is inside a small cylinder and is flush with the top of the cylinder - I can't press it down even using a tool like the end of a wooden spoon. I'm at a loss, and getting cold! very grateful for some advice!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the pilot button or mechanism is shafted and the button hasn't returned to normal position. You'll need a gas engineer out to it.

Thank you for your quick response Aquaheat, I'll get someone to look at it asap.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Jon. I found someone qualified so it's ok. After switching the power off and on and trying to relight the pilot light, unsuccessfully, I eventually just turned on the hot water tap and this got it all going again. I could have thought of that to start with!! But it's reminded me the boiler needs a service. And the reset button probably needs looking at.

Kat

I am not convinced that her boiler has a permanent pilot light!

Tony

It hasn't Tony. It was late last night and from the description I just had an image of a V4600c valve in my head. It's a 240 it's auto ignition.

I think that there was probably an early version with a permanent pilot light.

Also one with a PP and no fan as well!

Those several versions make giving advice on a forum very difficult.

But on what I expect is the OP's model the o/h reset button is on the edge just under the front cover which has to be removed.

Tony

I think that there was probably an early version with a permanent pilot light.

Also one with a PP and no fan as well!

Those several versions make giving advice on a forum very difficult.

But on what I expect is the OP's model the o/h reset button is on the edge just under the front cover which has to be removed.

Tony

Pure speculation!
There was no 240, 280 or 350 with permanent pilot- all electronic
Some high flows had PP and were RS (no fan)

If there was an early version, then it was not a 240.
There was a 230, but it cannot be called 240:cautious:

I would not be surprised if the OP is mistaken regards pilot light. I get this 'no pilot' symptom regularly

Oh dear.......another spate of bad advise...tis becoming a regular occurance lately..:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back