Faulty thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new boiler installed 3 years ago, along with a Salus ST620WBC thermostat and control unit. The thermostat batteries went and were replaced but then it stopped working a few months after and would not work with new batteries as the display just kept flickering. I rang the manufacturer and they advised it was faulty and would need replacing and that this particular thermostat was discontinued. I thought I had sourced the same one online but it won't pair with the existing control unit. The new one came with a new control unit so it seems that I will have to get this fitted also, and by a gas safe Engineer? It will involve taking the cover off so I don't think I can do this myself? without voiding the warranty for the boiler anyway.

Sponsored Links
If it’s a Bosch boiler, then yes, technically it falls into the realm of a gas safe engineer.

Personally, if you can send the thing back, I would and get the heating engineer to install you a non-integrated clock/stat, may cost a bit more, but means you don’t have this issue in the future and can do your own control swap-outs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back