Faulty Triton flow switch... or not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My "old faithful" Triton Safeguard electric shower failed (flashing "Low Flow" LED) and, according to the Fault Finding section of the operating instructions, needed a new flow switch assembly. A few days later, I'm £35 poorer but the problem persists with the new flow switch :(

Any suggestions what I should try next?

Sponsored Links
Might be a blocked inlet filter (if fitted) or restricted hose or head. However as suggested £120 gets you a Mira electric shower and easy to fit.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, the inlet filter and shower head are both clear.

Any more theories, before I shell out on a new shower?

Sponsored Links
My "old faithful" Triton Safeguard electric shower failed (flashing "Low Flow" LED) and, according to the Fault Finding section of the operating instructions, needed a new flow switch assembly. A few days later, I'm £35 poorer but the problem persists with the new flow switch :(

Any suggestions what I should try next?

There are number of possibilities that could be causing he symptoms that you have presented. The previous suggestion of a blockage is quite a common cause so well worth checking in particular the inlet filter and shower head. If problems continue the Triton Service Dept can arrange a service visit or you if required and may be contacted by telephone on 0844 980 0750. hope this is of help, Kind Regard, Karl Stein - TRITON TECHNICAL TEAM.

Thanks for your reply, Karl (and also for your email response to my customer service request to the Triton website).

Unfortunately, as I mentioned in my second post to this thread, I have checked the inlet filter and shower head for blockages, but both are clear. No offence, but I strongly suspect that a Triton service visit would be at least as expensive as buying a new shower (although, perhaps, not as expensive as a new Safeguard model!), so I will have one more check for blockages before I give up and buy a new shower. I'm not into throwing good money after bad :(

Replace the shower, if you get more than 3/4 years life out of it with general usage you have done well .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back