Favourite animal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Animals are great aren't they? What is your favourite animal and why? Picture preferred but not necessary.

Mine are:

The Llama. They are quite comical, and will guard packs of sheep. They can be quiet and relaxing.

llama.jpg

Bonobo chimps. Quite scary how close they are to us. (Admittedly some of us more than others. :D )

bonobo.jpg

Sponsored Links
male lion .. fantastic so strong/ powerful looking and oh so cuddly with their teeth and claws removed ..otherwise just looking at them thru a cage :LOL:

Three toe`d Sloth.............why have 5 toes when 3 will do

Sponsored Links
Spiny echidna. Reason? They break all the common assumptions about mammals! Monotremes: core temperature of 32 celsius, egg-born, no real mammary glands so to speak of, most "primitive" mammal still alive on earth.

echidna.jpg

Oh and the name, "monotreme"... means "single opening". Everything comes out the cloaco. No separate bum, willy or fanny. All comes out the one hole. Now that's weird!

f_echid14.jpg

You wanna see cute? Look at a wild boar piglet!

368a7e3c.jpg

boar-piglet.jpg

Seen them on the nature programs they are cute, not like the adults, i suppose it's the same for all animals and there young, even us humans :LOL: apart from a few (me) :LOL:

Nige F said:
Three toe`d Sloth.............why have 5 toes when 3 will do

One of these you mean? Yeah, they're good.

3Toed_Sloth.jpg

Looks like a relative of mine....

one of the only mammals immune from rabies. (prize if you can get the other one without looking up on the net!) (and its not the 5 toed cos it isnt!)

Thermo said:
one of the only mammals immune from rabies. (prize if you can get the other one without looking up on the net!) (and its not the 5 toed cos it isnt!)

What's the prize?

notb665 said:
One of these you mean? Yeah, they're good.

3Toed_Sloth.jpg

Looks like a relative of mine....

Looks a little like a wheeler from "Return to Oz!!!

Sponsored Links
Back