fcu and cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is the requirement for a FCU for a cooker hood extractor a legal requirement ? I removed the last built in hood and have a single socket where it used to be (presume on downstairs power circuit) - do I now have to replace with a fused unit ?

Sponsored Links
Are you fitting a replacement hood? You could just plug it in, but a fused spur may be neater.

Is the spur/socket high level above the hood, in an adjacent cupboard, or (tut tut) in the steel 'chimney' part?

thanks for your replies - I was just going to put a plug on it and put it in the socket IF your replies say that's ok - I'm pretty sure that socket is on downstairs sockets but I will check as I can isolate them on the board.

THe socket will be above the hood - not in the chimney etc -depending on whether I get one with a chimney - the other replies suggest its not a good idea to put behind metal etc

Sponsored Links
if the outlet is up high by the hood then an FCU with flex outlet would be 100 times neater than a plug and socket.

But verify the outlet is not fed from a switch or FCU at a more convenient height, such as just above the worktop (which would be more usual)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back